November 24, 2015
Protection of Personal Information
- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals’ right of privacy with respect to their personal information. Any claim with respect to the use of personal information collected by Videolinkwell will be governed and adjudicated under the laws of the Province of Ontario and the Federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
- The type of personal information that is protected includes almost any information about an identifiable individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, age, sex, marital status and nationality. Personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. You can make inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- VideoLinkwell does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
What Information Is Collected
- Certain information is requested from you if you elect to register as a user of Videolinkwell (“Registration Information”). Registration Information includes your full name and email address. If you register for a paid account your country, state or province, zip code or postal code is collected as well as credit card information.
- At times, you may be asked to provide certain general information (“User Information”) about you to assist Videolinkwell better understand the requirements, profiles and experience of Videolinkwell users and visitors. This information includes information that is collected if you choose to participate in a survey, if you ask to be kept updated about new developments or services offered by Videolinkwell or their affiliates, or if you contact Videolinkwell.
- You can visit Videolinkwell without telling who you are and without providing any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information (“Anonymous Information”) may be collected automatically. The Web server may collect the IP address and the name of the Internet service provider (“ISP”) associated with the computer from which you accessed the Videolinkwell website, the type and version of Web browser and operating system that you are using, and the address of the Web site that you visited prior to this website. If your Web browser is configured to accept cookies, either temporary cookies (only until you exit your current browser window) or permanent cookies (until you manually disable or delete the cookie using your browser software) may be placed on your computer. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that the Web server automatically sends to your browser for storage on your computer, which then permits the Web server to recall information about your preferences as a part of the Anonymous Information. Please note that portions of the Service may not function if you do not accept cookies.
- With the exception of the Anonymous Information described above, you will always know when we are collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
- Information is not knowingly solicited from children and services are not knowingly marketed to minors.
- In the event that ads appear on the site, some may be delivered to you by a third party web advertising company. Information about your visits to this site such as the number of times you have viewed an ad (but not your name, address or other personal information) would be used to serve additional ads to you.
Use of Information
- Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of the Service.
- User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to update you on the Service by email regarding new developments and information about the Service, to answer your questions and to provide you with services that you have requested.
- User Information, including the user name created by the user at the time of registration for the Service, is shared when another user shares a project with the registered user or vis versa. User email addresses will be used by the Service only to send notifications to them informing them that another user shared a project with them; changed the status of the project; or changed the sharing status. Users can search for users to share projects with by username.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for the Service, to provide advertisers and business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about customers and their preferences, including statistical information about the source of visitors, sales, traffic patterns and use of services.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. Videolinkwell may be required to use this information for law enforcement purposes, and to report information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors log in to the Service).
- If cookies are enabled for your Internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of the Service. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
- When information is collected from you by Videolinkwell as a part of an online or email survey, unless you request to receive the results of the survey, no personally identifiable information is requested during such surveys and all collected information is used on an aggregated basis only.
Communication with Videolinkwell
- If you contact us, Videolinkwell may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Improper Use of Personal Information
Retention of Information
- If you send an email to email@example.com, all of your personal information will be erased upon request, including your Registration Information and account.
- All personal information destroyed or erased is done so securely with due regard to the sensitivity of the information.
- Videolinkwell does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
- If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized for sharing with others you should know that they may already have retained personal information for which you previously gave your consent in their own systems and databases.
Disclosure of Information
- Videolinkwell will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide.
- If and to the extent Videolinkwell is required to process a credit card transaction, it uses a third party service company to process credit card transactions. The third party service provider is required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to these if privacy laws apply to the credit card information. All credit card transactions are completed using secure electronic encryption. However, because the processing company may be located in the United States, if personal information is transmitted to the company for the purpose of processing credit card payments, such information is subject to United States laws regarding disclosure.
- In addition to credit card transactions transferred to third party service providers, project data is stored on the Videolinkwell server and videos are stored on Amazon servers as set out in paragraph 7.1 below. Personal information is not transferred to third parties for processing or storage, but will be retained on the Videolinkwell server.
Access and Accuracy and Update of Personal Information
- Your personal information and your project data is located on the VideoLinkwell server. The VideoLinkwell server is provided by a third party hosting service that is located in the United States. Videos associated with your projects are stored on a third party service located in the United States and will be subject to United States laws regarding disclosure.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that your personal information is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is appropriate for its purposes and to minimize the possibility that inappropriate information may be used to make a decision about you
- You may deal with errors or omissions relating to your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All requests for access will be responded to within 30 days or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Where appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that is collected, used or disclosed, encryption or authentication tools are used, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain of your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
- E-mails you send are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to provide it by post or via the telephone instead.
- It is important that you keep your User ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on the site.
- There are occasionally fraudulent “phishing” emails targeting individuals who the perpetrators believe might be registered users of this site. Videolinkwell never sends an email which requests users to visit a Web page or place a call and provide their user ID, password or any personal information. Videolinkwell will never ask you to confirm your user ID or password via email. If you ever receive such an email, do not log in from any referred link and do not provide any personal information. You should contact us at email@example.com and inform us of the email.
- Please direct any questions about this privacy policies and procedures, any requests for access to records of your personal information and any other privacy related concerns or complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. All privacy related complaints will be acknowledged, recorded, investigated and responded to in accordance with applicable law.